This scholarship is for an offer holder seeking asylum or with refugee status in the United Kingdom. It covers tuition and accommodation costs, plus a maintenance grant.
For 2021/22, Greenwich University will offer two scholarships (undergraduate or postgraduate) to offer holders who are seeking asylum or have refugee status in the United Kingdom and are not eligible for financial support.
Successful scholars will receive:
- Annual tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance support of £5,000, paid in three instalments
- Annual accommodation fee waiver for Avery Hill Campus.
Once you are awarded a status that allows you access to student finance (tuition-fee loans, etc.), you no longer receive the scholarship in subsequent academic years.
Am I eligible?
Applicants must meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined below to apply.
- You have been offered a full-time place on an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at the University of Greenwich entering at year 0 or 1, commencing September 2021.
- You will be studying at one of our three campuses: Greenwich, Avery Hill or Medway (except Medway School of Pharmacy).
- If studying with a Partner College, the tuition fee must be paid directly to the University of Greenwich.
- You are unable to access Student Finance (Tuition and Maintenance Loans) due to your current immigration status.
- You do not already hold a qualification that is equal to or higher than the course you are applying for.
- You are resident in the UK.
You must also be able to provide documentary evidence to verify your circumstances.
To be eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship, you must hold one of the following immigration statuses before you apply to study at the University of Greenwich:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (as a result of an asylum application)
- Humanitarian protection (as a result of an asylum application).
You will also be eligible if you are a dependant of someone with one of these immigration statuses.
Applicants must meet all of the eligibility criteria
Click here to apply.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 30 June 2021.